Select Sitters LLC Terms & Conditions
Membership: All new clients will be given the option of membership versus non-membership. Membership requires a yearly membership fee as outlined on the rates page. Membership fee is charged before member can request first sitter. Membership will renew yearly on the month anniversary of the application (i.e. if you apply May 20th the membership fee will be charged May 1st the following year again). If current card on file is not active, payment will be required before member can request another sitter at the member rate. Non-member rates would apply to any client who is not up to date on their membership fee. Membership allows clients the opportunity to take advantage of our affordable hourly rate as stated on our rates page on the website under “member rates." Members are provided with guaranteed babysitters with at least a 48 hour notice or you will receive a free hour of babysitting for future use. Exceptions to guarantee: black out dates (see below for dates), and any request made with less than 3 hours of requested time will not receive a free hour if no sitter is located. Members also enjoy priority sitters on holidays, although holiday babysitters are not guaranteed. In addition, membership provides back up nannies and sick care for any sitter who is scheduled for a date. Lastly, members enjoy first choice of spots at our exclusive babysitter speed dating events.
2. Exceptions: Membership was established as of May 2017. Existing clients who signed up for Select Sitter prior to May 30th, 2017 and paid their initial application fee are grandfathered in and receive a lifetime membership to Select Sitters.
3. Guaranteed Requests: Select Sitters does not guarantee part-time nannies although we do guarantee a sitter for each date as requested even if it is not the same sitter each time. We do typically strive to place one sitter with each family needing a part-time nanny, but cannot guarantee that it will always be the same sitter. With 48 hour notice we guarantee to find you a sitter or we will give you 1 free hour of babysitting to use for a future request. We do not offer this guarantee for any request made with less than 3 hours time.
4. Time Worked: Babysitters will check out on the Sitter Pro app upon completion of a job. The client will then receive a notification to review the details and confirm. It is the client's responsibility to contact Select Sitters regarding any inaccurate information. If the client does not check out after 48 hours from sitter's check out, they will be auto billed. Sitters are instructed to use exact times, and can edit the requested time upon check out.
5. Meet and Greet with a Sitter: Select Sitters is happy to schedule a time for you to meet with a sitter before having them babysit. All time for meet and greets will be billed at the appropriate hourly rate. There is no hourly minimum for meet and greets. The only exception is for babysitter speed dating events which are free of charge.
6. Part-Time Nannies & Recurring Sitters:
Select Sitters provides recurring sitters to families at the hourly rate for those needing 1-20 hours weekly. If your hours exceed 20 hours on a regular basis, we will ask you to hire your recurring sitter as a part-time nanny and pay appropriate placement fees. Select Sitters will strive to place a consistent sitter with each family who can be consistent and long-term, but it is not a guarantee and may mean we have to provide alternate solutions (short term sitter, two part-time sitters, or fill in sitters on certain days as needed). We recommend nanny placement for families who would like to have a long-term nanny even if it is part-time. If you are utilizing a recurring sitter through the agency, standard rates will be followed as a minimum, and may increase according to the market and as cost of services increases with notice.
7. Total hourly minimums: Select Sitters does require a 2 hour minimum for all babysitting requests. Occasional exceptions will be made for part- time regular nanny positions only and discussed on a case by case basis. If your request is for less than 2 hours you will be charged for the 2 minimum.
8. Last Minute Care: Requests made with less than 24 hour notice are subject to an additional $2 per hour charge and are not guaranteed. Select Sitters will make every effort to find care with last minute notice.
9. Sick Care: If child receiving care should become sick within 24 hours of appointment, family must notify Select Sitters. Select Sitters defines sickness as fever over 101, vomiting or diarrhea, oozing from the eye, or other conditions deemed contagious. Select Sitters does not guarantee sitters for sick care, but does provide at a rate of $2 more per hour. The sitter would be notified of the sickness and approve to keep the request. If the sitter scheduled is not comfortable with the sickness we will make every effort to find another sitter who would be. If a sitter shows up to babysit and there is a sick child, then the family will be charged at the sick child rate and an additional $15 inconvenience fee.
10. Mileage Reimbursement: If a sitter is providing transportation for children to and from school, activities, or any other reason mileage reimbursement may be requested. Families with part-time nannies transporting children on a regular basis will be requesting mileage reimbursement or gas reimbursement based on the client’s decision. Any driving over 5 miles per week should be documented by sitter and will be reimbursed at the IRS rate of . 57.5 cents per mile unless otherwise agreed upon by agency, sitter, and client. This must be added under the reimbursement section on the check out screen.
11. Direct Contact with Sitters: We understand and welcome relationships between nanny/sitter and family. Nannies and sitters are welcome to give out their contact info as they feel comfortable, however, unless they are a part-time nanny for your family direct contact about future requests is discouraged. Our babysitters are under contract and cannot directly work for a family Select Sitters has introduced to them. Each time a sitter babysits a request in the application must be created, and the appropriate hourly rate will be automatically charged. Babysitters and nannies are available for placement which does mean you can set your own hourly rate and pay them directly, but only after they have signed an agreement and the appropriate placement fee is paid.
12. Sitter Share: If two families are utilizing the services of one sitter in the same location, you will be automatically charged an extra $5 per hour for the use of one sitter for two families. If both families are current members and would like to split the charges, then Select Sitters must be notified in advance in order to set the requests up in the system for both parties.
13. Visiting Families: Families traveling to the area will be charged at non-member rates and must have a current application on file in order to request a sitter.
14. Overnight Care: Select Sitters does provide overnight care at a discounted rate based on a 24 hour period. All sitters providing overnight care must also be provided with a place to sleep and car seats for children in case of emergency. Contact us for a specific quote for overnight care.
15. On Call Care: On call sitters will be paid for 50% of the requested time regardless of if they get called in or not. If they are called in, and the time needed is less than half of the reserved timeframe, then the sitter will still be paid for 50% of the time. For example, Hannah agreed to be on call from 10 PM to 8 AM. Hannah was called in at 11 PM and stayed until 1 AM. Hannah will be paid for 5 hours regardless. If the time exceeds 50%, then actual time used will be charged accordingly. This will be added into Sitter Pro by adding the total time requested, and edited to reflect actual worked time or 50% of the requested time, whichever is greater.
16. Black Out Dates: Select Sitters does not guarantee babysitters on any of the following dates: New Year’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, or the evening of Valentine’s Day. Sitters are available on a first come first serve basis on those dates and will be subject to holiday rates as outline on our rates page. Sitters are not guaranteed on the weekend surrounding Easter, July 4th, Christmas, New Year’s, or Thanksgiving. **Select Sitters does not provide babysitters on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.**
17. Clients Outside Service Area: Select Sitters may provide babysitters to clients outside of the outlined service areas at an increased rate. Contact us for more information. This service is not guaranteed and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
18. Cancellation Fees: Select Sitters does require a minimum of 12 hour notice for any cancellation of a previously scheduled appointment without a cancellation fee. Once appointment is confirmed the cancellation fee does apply. If given less than 12 hour notice for a cancellation, then you will be charged for 2 hours. This is charged as 2 hours at the hourly rate as applicable on the website. In the case that the sitter shows up for a scheduled appointment and is asked to leave before the scheduled end time, client will be charged for 50% of the time or the 2 hour minimum, whichever is greater.
19. Status of Babysitters & CPR/First Aid Certifications: All babysitters and nannies you will encounter working with our agency are independent babysitters are working as individual childcare providers and not employees of the company. They are liable for their own actions and are not acting as agents of the company. Sitters are required to obtain their CPR and First Aid certifications before their first babysitting job, and keep this up to date as it expires.
20. Non-Member Terms & Rates: Select Sitters does offer non-member rates for those who need one-time or very occasional sitters. Non-members are not responsible for any up front application fee. All non-members must submit an application and credit card before requesting a sitter. Non-Member rates are outlined on our rates page. Non-members do not receive our guarantee on finding a sitter within 48 hours.
21. Inclement Weather Policy: Select Sitters does not guarantee babysitting in inclement weather: snow, ice, hail, hurricane, etc. In the case that the client requests babysitting and road conditions are not accommodating for the sitter, Select Sitters may suggest that client pick up their sitter and bring them home. Comfort driving in inclement weather is up to the discretion of each individual sitter.
22. Beach/Ocean Policy (Wilmington area): Select Sitters babysitters are willing and able to provide care while children play outdoors and on . . the sand at the beach. Babysitters will not be able to provide any supervision or allow children in their care to swim or wade in the ocean for safety reasons. If the client wants children to be able to swim/wade in the ocean, another adult should be present to supervise and/or swim with the child(ren).
23. Payment Terms: Select Sitters requires that every client keep a current credit card on file. Credit card will be charged automatically in the application. Babysitters will not be provided or scheduled without an active credit card on file. Should the card on file no longer allow for auto processing payments, the account will be made inactive and no requests can be made until card is up to date.
24. Late Fee: There is a $25 late fee for all past due services fees of more than 15 days past due. In the event that a payment is past due a reminder will be sent first via email, and lastly via text or phone call. Upon 15 days late a $25 late fee will be added to the total due. If charge is more than 30 days past due an additional $25 late fee will be added. Select Sitters will submit delinquent charges more than 45 days past due to a collections agency. Clients with past due charges will not be allowed to request sitters until all unpaid invoices are paid.
25. Right to Refuse Service: Select Sitters reserves the right to refuse service to current or prospective clients for any reason. Select Sitters will communicate with family if it is deemed necessary to suspend services. Select Sitters does not discriminate based on race, disability, or religion.
26. Change in Rates: Select Sitters reserves the right to increase hourly rates at any time, and does guarantee to give at minimum a 30 day notice via email and by updating our website rates pages. This typically happens at the beginning of a calendar year, and does apply to all families utilizing a babysitter or part-time nanny through our agency.
27. Revision of Policies: Select Sitters reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions at any time.
28. Ages of Children: If a child is under the age of 16 and is present in the household when a babysitting job is taking place, then the family will be charged accordingly with total number of children based on our rates.
29. Effective March 13, 2020, Select Sitters will no longer be offering a free hour of babysitting for any unfilled request due to COVID19. As soon as conditions are fully safe again for our full team of sitters to return to work, we will reinstate this polity.
Long-Term, Part-Time Nanny Placements: Select Sitters recommends part-time nanny placement for families who need a long-term part-time nanny. Select Sitters requires nanny placement for families needing a consistent long-term nanny. Select Sitters will place a nanny with your family who you will employ at your own hourly rate to be discussed upon hire. Client must have a written agreement and offer submitted to the agency and signed by the nanny and client before communicating directly with the nanny. Any hours worked prior to paying the placement fee will be billed at the appropriate hourly rate. There is a non-refundable $150 application fee for all nanny placements. This is a fee for our time and effort as we spend significant time and money dedicated to finding, screening, and selecting nannies for each family. The appropriate nanny placement fee will be charged once nanny agreement is signed by both parties. This fee is non-refundable. Select Sitters does guarantee your part-time nanny placement for 30 days, and will replace your nanny for any reason during that time for no additional fee. If your nanny has to be replaced within the 30 days, we will offer an additional 2 week guarantee on your replacement nanny.
Full-Time Nanny Placements: Select Sitters offers full-time nanny placements for families who are seeking a long-term full-time nanny. Select Sitters will place a nanny with your family who you will employ at your own hourly rate to be discussed upon hire. Client must have a written agreement and offer submitted to the agency and signed by the nanny and client before communicating directly with the nanny. Any hours worked prior to paying the placement fee will be billed at the appropriate hourly rate. There is a non-refundable application fee for all nanny placements. This is a fee for our time and effort as we spend significant time and money dedicated to finding, screening, and selecting nannies for each family. The appropriate nanny placement fee will be charged once a nanny agreement is signed by both parties. This fee is non-refundable. Select Sitters does guarantee your nanny placement for 90 days for the standard package and 1 full year for the premium package and will replace your nanny for any reason during that time for no additional fee. If your nanny has to be replaced within the trial period, we will offer an additional 30-day guarantee on your replacement nanny.
Summer Nanny Placement: Select Sitters recommends summer nanny placement for families who need a committed full-time or part-time summer nanny for the entire summer. Summer nannies typically work from 10-50 hours weekly. Select Sitters will place a summer nanny with your family who you will employ at your own hourly rate to be discussed upon hire. Client must have a written agreement and offer submitted to the agency and signed by the nanny and client before communicating directly with the nanny. Any hours worked prior to paying the placement fee will be billed at the appropriate hourly rate. There is a non-refundable $150 application fee for all nanny placements. This is a fee for our time and effort as we spend significant time and money dedicated to finding, screening, and selecting nannies for each family. The appropriate nanny placement fee will be charged once nanny agreement is signed by both parties. This fee is non-refundable. Select Sitters does guarantee your nanny placement for 30 days and will replace your nanny for any reason during that time for no additional fee. If you wish to continue to employ your summer nanny after the summer term (length detailed in the agreement typically 3 months maximum) an additional nanny placement fee must be charged or they can continue for occasional babysitting at the hourly rate as outlined on our website.
Temporary Nannies: Select Sitters is happy to provide temporary nannies for up to 3 months under the agency hourly rates as outlined for members and non-members. Nanny placement may also be recommended based on requirements and expectations. Temporary nannies will follow the terms and conditions as discussed under the appropriate avenue (nanny placement or babysitter through our agency)
Nanny Share: Select Sitters does work with families who are interested in pursuing a nanny share with another family. Both families must apply and pay the application fee to begin the nanny interview process. Select Sitters does not connect families who are looking to be a part of a nanny share. Nanny shares typically involve 2-5 children with one nanny caring for all the children at a rate that can be split between two families. Select Sitters will place a nanny with both families for nanny share who you will both employ at your own hourly rate to be discussed upon hire. Client must have a written agreement and offer submitted to the agency and signed by the nanny and client before communicating directly with the nanny. Any hours worked prior to paying the placement fee will be billed at the appropriate hourly rate. There is a non-refundable $100 application fee for each families applying for the nanny share. This is a fee for our time and effort as we spend significant time and money dedicated to finding, screening, and selecting nannies for each family. The appropriate nanny placement fee will be charged once nanny agreement is signed by both parties. This fee is non-refundable. Select Sitters does guarantee your nanny placement for 90 days and will replace your nanny for any reason during that time for no additional fee. If your nanny has to be replaced within the 90 days we will offer an additional 30 day guarantee on your replacement nanny.